Susan K. Amster
Susan Amster consults with closely held businesses and wealthy families on income tax, charitable giving and succession planning. Susan has over 30 years of experience in managing the tax consulting and compliance needs of individuals, trusts, estates, exempt organizations and closely held businesses. Her practice areas include:
- Individual and fiduciary income tax planning
- Not-for-profit entity taxation
- Sophisticated family wealth planning
- Developing and implementing charitable giving strategies for wealthy individuals, families and private foundations
- Representing individuals, trusts, estates and not-for-profit and for-profit entities on IRS and state tax examinations
- Supervising professionals in accounting, recordkeeping, cash management and administrative services
Before joining Andersen Tax, Susan was a Tax Partner at Arthur Andersen in the Private Client Services practice. At that firm she was a member of the firmwide advisory groups for exempt organizations and tax accounting methods.
Susan is a contributing author of Tax Economics of Charitable Giving, currently in publication. She appears at tax institutes as a speaker on Individual Tax Planning. Susan has served as Chair of the Work and Family Issues Committee as well as the Women and Minorities in Leadership Task Force of the California Society of CPAs.