Charitable & Philanthropic Planning
Many of our clients have a passionate interest in philanthropy. Andersen Tax helps our clients fulfill their philanthropic desires by finding “matching dollars” in the form of tax benefits for their charitable gifts. Andersen Tax has a dedicated practice focused on charitable giving as a key component of income, estate, gift and trust planning.
As the authors of the highly regarded treatise, Tax Economics of Charitable Giving, Andersen Tax is recognized as the thought leader for achieving philanthropic objectives in the most effective manner. Our services include:
- Optimizing available income tax benefits
- Integrating income tax benefits with estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer tax planning
- Designing charitable gifts to fit the client's overall objectives and financial situation, including outright versus deferred gift considerations
- Selecting the right vehicle, such as a trust, public or private foundation, or charitable gift fund
- Creating private charities
- Selecting appropriate assets to fund a charitable entity, including appreciated property, works of art and other collectibles, life insurance policies, limited partnership interests, etc.
- Structuring gifts of partial interests such as qualified conservation easements or remainder interests in a personal residence or farm
- Creating governance structure and selecting stewards of charitable entity (i.e., trustee, foundation manager, etc.)
- Documenting and substantiating charitable gifts, including special valuation issues and qualified appraisal requirements
- Representation before IRS on examinations of charitable giving issues
Donor Beware: Trap When Giving Qualified Small Business Stock to Charity
IRS Guidance on Trust and Estate 2% Floor on Itemized Deductions