Lance Vanetta has over 23 years of tax experience in all areas of tax. His primary focus is on state income/franchise tax, sales and transaction taxes and state and local tax planning and compliance.
Lance serves clients in a variety of industries, including retail, technology, aerospace, biotech, manufacturing, consumer products and telecommunications.
Lance specializes in effectively managing companies’ state and local tax obligations through his extensive experience in:
- Designing and implementing optimal business structures to minimize state and local tax exposure
- Advising on acquisition due diligence, including identification of state and local tax implications related to proposed acquisitions
- Identification and securing of sales/use, franchise and income tax refunds
- Evaluation and consultation related to state tax implications of multistate activities
- Successful management and resolution of state and local tax controversies, including negotiation of tax settlement agreements
- Starting and running a multi-level/functional tax department for a public company as well as early stage start-up
- Reviewing and preparing both central and local jurisdictional personal property tax affidavits and appeals
Prior to joining Andersen Tax in 2009, Lance spent five years as a Senior Tax Manager with KPMG, where he focused on technology, aerospace, manufacturing and telecommunications industries. Prior to that, Lance spent four years with a start-up telecommunications service provider/manufacturer in a variety of positions including director of taxation and treasury, as well as three years as a senior tax manager at a national cellular carrier. Lance started his career with PwC where he focused on all areas of federal and state and local taxation.