Susan Swartz is the Seattle Office Managing Director and a member of the Andersen Tax national Board of Directors. She has over 25 years of experience in taxation. She provides a broad range of tax planning and compliance services to high net worth individuals, family groups and closely held businesses with sophisticated business, personal and investment objectives. She effectively navigates issues that impact both the individual and related entities, structuring them for mutual benefit. She assists clients with the tax aspects of complex and multi-dimensional situations to minimize tax exposure.
Susan’s primary practice areas include:
- Partnerships, S corporations, limited liability companies and special allocations and passive-activity issues
- Family office consulting, structuring and management
- Tax controversy representation before IRS
- Personal income tax, charitable giving, and estate and gift tax planning
- Compensation planning and arrangements
- Real estate structuring, transactions and ownership alternatives
- Multistate income and franchise taxes
Before joining Andersen Tax, Susan was a Tax Partner at KPMG, where she spearheaded numerous firm initiatives, authored tax articles, instructed national and local training, and served on the firm’s National Tax Strategy Committee and the National Partnership Council.
Susan won the Golden Medal for highest CPA exam score in the State of Washington in 1981 and was also honored with the Central Washington University Distinguished Alumni Award in 2003.