Adam Steinberger is the national Client Group Leader for the Commercial Practice at Andersen Tax and the Office Managing Director of the firm’s Silicon Valley office. He has over 20 years of domestic and international tax experience serving clients from emerging growth companies to large multinational enterprises. Adam advises both publicly-held and private businesses in a variety of industries, including semiconductor, SAAS, software, manufacturing, biotechnology, retail, media, and real estate.
Adam's primary tax and business practice areas include:
- Accounting for income taxes (ASC 740), including analysis of uncertain tax positions
- Compensation and benefits tax planning, including tax accounting for stock compensation (ASC 718)
- Tax controversies
- Global mergers and acquisition planning
- Tax credits, including research and experimentation tax credits
- Tax compliance, including preparation/review of federal and state tax returns
Before joining Andersen Tax, Adam was with Arthur Andersen and KPMG in Seattle, Washington.
Adam has authored articles and lectured on accounting for income taxes and compensation and benefit tax matters at various organizations.