Brad Rode is a Managing Director in the Chicago office and part of the Commercial Practice group. Brad specializes in international U.S. federal tax, which includes assisting businesses and investors with addressing tax implications of various cross-border enterprises such as expansion overseas, mergers, acquisitions, financing, and restructurings. Brad works with both U.S. outbound and foreign inbound clients in a variety of industries, including technology, manufacturing, real estate, and private equity.
Brad has over 19 years of experience assisting clients with tax considerations around a broad array of matters, including multinational business expansion and financing, transaction and business structuring, supply chain analysis, deployment of intangible and intellectual property, management of foreign currency exposure, foreign investments in U.S. real estate, as well as tax compliance and reporting.
Brad provides a range of services, including:
- M&A advice (transaction structuring, tax elections, diligence support, etc.)
- Business structuring (international expansion, choice of entity, supply chain planning, IP migration, BEPS analysis, etc.)
- Inbound matters (treaty analysis, choice of entity, withholding taxes, FIRPTA, FATCA, etc.)
- Quantitative support (computational modeling, E&P, basis, FTC, tax pools, Sec. 987, DCLs, etc.)
- Compliance and reporting (U.S. federal tax and foreign information returns, entity classification elections, examination support, administrative relief and remediation, PLR requests, etc.)
Prior to Andersen Tax, Brad was a Partner at BDO USA, LLP, where he led the International Tax Services practice within the firm’s Central Region. Before BDO, Brad spent time with Grant Thornton LLP serving clients in the Chicago practice office and, later, as a member of the international technical tax practice within the firm’s Washington National Tax Office in Washington, D.C. Brad began his career with Arthur Andersen in Tulsa, Oklahoma.