Marc Lim, a Managing Director with Andersen Tax’s San Francisco office, has over 15 years of experience advising multinational and financial services clients on U.S. and international tax matters and has been based both in Silicon Valley and Tokyo, Japan. He has advised clients ranging from start-up businesses and their owners to investment funds to Fortune 500 companies on a wide spectrum of tax and commercial matters, including:
- International tax planning and consultation
- Cross-border corporate M&A
- Tax issues associated with introduction of new business models, supply chain optimization, and other internal business reorganizations
- Foreign tax credit planning
- Transfer pricing
- Intellectual property planning including high technology
- Assistance with international tax controversy management
- Preparation and/or review of the U.S. tax reporting/ compliance/ provision matters for international operations and/ or transactions
Over his career, Marc has spent significant time working with financial services and private equity clients as well as with clients in e-commerce, software, and other high tech industries.
Before joining Andersen Tax, Marc was a tax partner at PwC and most recently was based in Japan advising a global base of clients on U.S. and Japanese tax issues.