David Freeman has over 30 years of experience providing tax planning advice to both publicly held and private businesses, their owners, and their key executives. He is a member of the Commercial and Alternative Investment practices at Andersen Tax.
Dave works with clients in the manufacturing, distribution, service, and technology industries. He also has extensive experience working with private equity groups, their principals, and their portfolio companies.
Dave works with clients on a variety of business and tax matters, including:
- Business organization, choice of entity and initial business structuring
- Due diligence and planning related to acquisitions, mergers and divestitures
- Tax accounting methods
- International expansion, including global structuring and credit planning
- Tax credits and other incentives
- Accounting for income taxes, uncertain tax positions and FASB ASC 740
Before joining Andersen Tax, Dave was a tax partner at EY and Grant Thornton, where he served as industry leader for the Consumer and Industrial Products and Technology groups, as well as leader of the high net worth tax practice.
Dave has spoken on tax topics at various tax and industry forums.